Q. Does the Library subscribe to Lynda.com?
Update, April 27, 2020: AACPL has resubscribed to Lynda.com. You can access this resource here: www.aacpl.net/lynda. Forgot your password? Chat or open a support ticket here.
AACPL also subscribes to Udemy for Business, which offers online courses in the areas of business, tech personal development and more. Login to Udemy here: https://www.aacpl.net/resources/udemy.
- Very unfortunate - Lynda.com was an awesome resource :-(
- Is there some way we could bring it back? Could we just let users know their data will be made public and have them check a user acceptance agreement? If they don't agree, then don't press the button to see the material?
- Hi Ursula, thank you for your comment. Lynda/LinkedIn no longer meets the data privacy standards that we require all library vendors to adhere to. Additionally, by limiting usage of their site to users over 16, they do not meet our requirements for access to library materials for all. We work with dozens of vendors and this is something that we insist upon for all of them.
If you'd like to contact Lynda/LinkedIn Learning, you can do so here: https://www.lynda.com/support/contact
We are actively seeking a replacement product for Lynda and hope to have an announcement soon.
- I was quite affected by this move to cancel Lynda... had been using it everyday to switch careers. But I understood at the time why AACPL did it.
Today, I signed up for Mango Languages and was forced to accept a Data Consent Form and create an account. I fail to see how this is any different than what Lynda was switching to and which AACPL objected to.
- Good Afternoon Joe,
- Hi Rita, We have been able to get Lynda.com once again! You can access by going to https://www.aacpl.net and clicking on the lynda.com icon. If you have an older account and have forgotten your email, then please visit LinkedIn's help ticketing/chat area at https://www.linkedin.com/help/learning.
- We are working with Udemy them to allow access once again. We apologize for the inconvenience.