Q. Why did the library change the catalog website?
The Library switched to a new catalog in summer 2017 because it offers some much-needed, customer friendly features that will help you find the resources you need. These include:
- A mobile-friendly design, so the catalog works as easily on your phone or tablet as on your desktop computer
- Grouping of items, which allows you to easily see all of the formats of a book that the Library owns (book, audiobook, large print, etc.)
- It's easy to narrow your searches by preferred format or availability
- Items available at your preferred branch are highlighted to find more easily
- The ability for Library staff and customers to make and share book lists right from the Library catalog
- The ability to save favorite searches so you can easily find new materials on your favorite topics
- The ability to link accounts, so families can manage all of their library cards with one login
- The ability for customers to turn on their checkout history and keep a record of books they've checked out
- The ability for customers to rate and review books in the library catalog
- Personalized book recommendations based on your reading history and books you've rated
We love our new catalog and hope you do, too. Have questions or comments? Send us an email!
- The new website is not friendly. Any chance of changing it back? I now have to go to the library and have them do what I used to do at home.
- Thank you for your feedback on the new website. You should be able to do everything on the new site that you could do on the old one -- and some new things, too. Is there something specific that isn't working for you? We'd be glad to help.