Q. How do I place a hold on an item?
To place your own holds from the library catalog:
1. Go to the library homepage.
2. Enter your title, author, or subject in the search box on the upper hand right side of the screen.
3. Scroll through your results and place a check mark next to all the items you would like to request. If you'd only like to request one item, you can use the blue Place Hold button to the right.
4. At the top of the results list, click on Select an Action and choose Place Hold(s).
5. If you're not already logged in you will be prompted to enter your library card number and PIN.
6. Select the branch where you would like to pick the item up and then click on Place Hold(s).
7. You should now receive a confirmation notice stating that your hold has been successfully placed.
Note: You can save a branch to pick up holds: After logging into the catalog, select My Account from the top of the page. Go to the Personal Information tab and choose Preferences. Be sure to click on Update when finished.