Q. How can I return downloadable eBooks and eAudiobooks?
You don't have to return any downloadable titles. eBooks and eAudiobooks are automatically returned to the library at the end of your lending period, so you never have to worry about late fees.
Some (but not all) downloadable titles can be returned early.
For all downloadable titles:
From the Library's website -- log into your library account click on Digital Checkouts and any digital titles that are eligible for return should have a checkbox next to them. Check this box for any items you would like to return and select the Return button.
For Cloud Library titles:
- Visit www.aacpl.net/ebooks, click on Cloud Library, and login to your Cloud Library account. Click the My Books tab. Next to the title you wish to return, click the Check In button.
- From your mobile device -- open the 3M app and log in. Tap My Books. Tap the Return button; then a Return button should appear next to each title. Tap Return.
The PC app does not currently support early returning of titles.
For Overdrive titles:
If you'd like to return an Overdrive checkout early, click here for instructions.
Once you download an EPUB ebook or MP3 title, you may be able to return it early using the software or app that you used to download it
- You can't return downloaded Open PDF eBooks before the end of the lending period.
- You can't return any titles using OverDrive's desktop app for Mac.
- You can only return downloaded Open EPUBs from OverDrive's app for Android, Chromebook, iOS, or Windows 8.
To return Overdrive titles in your Kindle library:
- Go to www.amazon.com and click Mange Your Kindle
- Sign in to your Amazon account.
- In your Kindle Library, click on the Actions dropdown menu next to the book you want to return and choose Return this book.
- Select Yes to return the book.
- After you return the book, it will still show in your Kindle Library because Amazon likes to show you your reading history. To remove it from the list, click Actions again, and choose Delete from library.
The title will remain on your Kindle until you re-sync the Kindle with your Amazon account.
For OneClickDigital titles:
From the website:
- Visit OneClickDigital from the AACPL website.
- Navigate to Browse, then My Titles
- Click on the "X" in the top left corner of the eAudiobook you would like to return
From the app:
- Click on the "i" icon underneath the title you would like to return.
- Select Return
For Zinio titles:
Zinio eMagazine titles never expire and never have to be returned. You may choose to delete them to save space on your device, but you are not required to do so.