Q. I'm going on vacation. How can I keep my holds from arriving during that time?
Requested items are held for six days when they arrive at your chosen library. If not picked up in that time, they will be returned to the shelf or forwarded to the next person waiting for the item. If you are concerned that your hold will be filled when you are unavailable, you can freeze it. With frozen holds, you will not lose your place in the queue, but your copy of the item will not be made available until at least the return date that you've set.
To suspend a hold:
- Log into your account and navigate to your list of holds.
- Find the item on which you wish to freeze your hold. Note: if your item is already available for pickup, you cannot suspend your hold.
- Click the Freeze Hold button next to the item.
- Enter the date you'd like your hold suspension to end. After the end date, items may be made available for pick up.
- Press the blue Freeze Hold button.
- You should see that instead of "Freeze Hold" next to the item, it will now say, "Thaw Hold." This means your hold was frozen successfully. It can be manually thawed at any time by clicking the Thaw Hold button.
- If the page does not update on it's own, you may need to hit refresh to ensure requested changes have taken place.