Q. I'm going on vacation. How can I keep my holds from arriving during that time?
Requested items are held for six days when they arrive at your chosen library. If not picked up in that time, they will be returned to the shelf or forwarded to the next person waiting for the item. If you are concerned that your hold will be filled when you are unavailable, you can suspend it. With suspended holds, you will not lose your place in the queue, but your copy of the item will not be made available until at least the return date that you've set.
To suspend a hold:
- Log into your account and navigate to your list of holds.
- Select the items on which you wish to suspend holds. Check Select All to suspend all items. Note: if your item is already available for pickup, you cannot suspend your hold.
- Click the blue Suspend Hold(s) button.
- Enter the date you'd like your hold suspension to start and the date that you would like it to end. After the end date, items may be made available for pick up.
- Press the blue Suspend button.
- You should now see a small calendar icon on to the left of each suspended hold telling you that it has a suspension set. You can hover over this to see the exact dates of your hold suspension.
To cancel hold suspensions, select the items with holds you wish to cancel suspensions, and click the blue Cancel Hold(s) Suspensions button. You will be asked to confirm that you wish to cancel your holds suspension. A green message will appear saying "Suspension(s) successfully canceled."